miércoles, 18 de julio de 2012

Marthyrium sigil



Hell there,

When I got in touch with Black Metal band Marthyrium from Spain, they wanted to get a shirt design and a sigil for representing them, both phillosophically and visually. Due to this, I decided to work on a sigil based in an inverted triangle ( representing the inversion of Christian values), and adding a totalitarian touch to it, by drawing barbed wire and inverted crosses within. Further, I also wanted to give the design a some sort of personal one, therefore the "M" enclosed in the middle of the triangle, and to end the piece, I gave the triangle a dirty look by drawing spurts on it, representing its filth, and a reptilian tongue in the vertex, givint the final rendering the evil looking touch it needed.


In next post, I´ll  write about their skull cross illustration I made for them.


Carlos.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario